What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
This Privacy Notice is provided to you by Cottered and Throcking Council which is the data controller for your data. The council is a public authority and has certain powers and obligations. Most of your personal data is processed for compliance with a legal obligation which includes the discharge of the council’s statutory functions and powers. This Privacy Notice sets out your rights and the council’s obligations to you.
Cottered and Throcking Parish Council is committed to respecting your privacy. The personal information you voluntarily provide to us such as name, address, email address, telephone number, organisation will be processed and stored to enable us to contact you and respond to your correspondence. Your personal information will be not shared or provided to any other third party.
We will not process any data relating to a child (under 13) without the express parental/guardian
consent of the child concerned.
The information that we collect about you will only be used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 Article 6 (1) (a) (b) and (e):
- Processing is with consent of the data subject or
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
The council will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal data we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept and destroyed securely including ensuring that appropriate technical and security measures are in place to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep some records permanently if we are legally required to do so. We may keep some other records for an extended period of time. We may have legal obligations to retain some data in connection with our statutory obligations as a public authority. In general, we will endeavour to keep data only for as long as we need it. This means that we will delete it when it is no longer needed.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
Proof of identity maybe required before you can exercise these rights.
- The right to access personal data we hold on you
- The right to correct and update the personal data we hold on you
- The right to have your personal data erased
- The right to object to processing of your personal data or to restrict it to certain purposes
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email
https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Changes to this notice
We keep this Privacy Notice under review and we will place any updates on www.cottered.org.uk
This Notice was last updated in July 2018.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the personal data we hold
about you or to exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact:
Denise Anderson Clerk Cottered and Throcking Parish Council
10th July 2018